24 February 2017

Ultramarines – Devastators (with Graviton Cannons)

2 kommentarer
My first 2017 project finally done; upgrading my 2. Company Devastators with Grav Cannons.

Almost forgetting how much work goes into hard lining, I was quickly brought back to reality when I started on these guys. I went a bit back and forth when it came to how to paint the Grav Cannons. My choice ended up with me having to re-visit my Bike Squad.

Anyway, the squad is now done. I am looking forward play testing them, and fielding them at the upcoming Adepticon 2017 Team Tournament.


13 February 2017

Crimson Fists Land Speeder

2 kommentarer
The unit I hinted at being the next one - last time - is taking a little longer to complete than anticipated...

Who would have thought that hitting the same level of wear and tear as with the batch from a couple of years back could prove to be any sort of a challenge?

This Land Speeder hardly took any time at all to complete, however. I built and painted it during the week leading up to our last gaming-weekend at Ørn's place. It's actually taken longer to take a couple of pictures and to type up this little blurb.

We're all taking one along to Adepticon this year, as a cheap and fast no-really-that-threatening objective grabber for our Team Tournament games. Whichever one survives the most games - or any at all - gets a Purity Seal when we get back home! :P


1 February 2017

Crimson Fists Captain in Cataphractii Armour

2 kommentarer
No Space Marine company is ever complete without it's Captain. Before the Rynn's World... 'incident' the Crimson Fists had access to as sizeable an armoury as any other chapter, and who knows what has been stored on various outposts and monasteries throughout the Ultima Segmentum?

It is a well known tactic to have a Cataphractii Captain join a non-Relentless unit with Heavy Weapons to confer his Slow and Purposeful universal special rule. I'm sure most of our regular readers - if we have any of those - realize I'm referring to the Devastator Squad with Grav-cannons that I painted late last year.

Most of you will also have recognised the base model as Captain Aethon from the Betrayal at Calth. I found both the Power Sword and the Storm Bolter in one of my Bitz-boxes, and don't really remember where they're originally from. It's a fair bet I got them off of one of my regular Bitz pushers, though, so I'm sure I can find out if there's a demand for it...

Next up: TIme to fire those retro-burners and bring in the final Transport Vehicle for my Team Tournament army.


27 January 2017

Crimson Fists Tactical Squad III

2 kommentarer

Getting this squad done marks an important milestone on the Road to Adepticon 2017. While I'm not currently planning on fielding all ten Marines in the squad, there's no good reason to do less than a full squad as far as I'm concerned...

I have taken the edge highlights 'a bit' farther on this squad compared to the first two squads I painted up for Adepticon 2015. I'm not really regretting it - yet - but it will be interesting to see them on the table alongside squads I and II this weekend. I realise I will probably have to go over the previously completed squads one more time, to bring them up to the same standard as this one.

There are a few other models that need my attention before I can get into that, though...

Next up: No Space Marine company is complete without a Captain...


23 January 2017

Ørnulv´s 2016 in review

2 kommentarer
At first I thought that it had been a relatively unproductive year. But once I started counting the projects that I have finished, I quickly got into a far better mood.

The focus of 2016 was to expand my Dark Eldar and Eldar / Eldar Corsairs. Time consuming to paint, but lots of fun. So, what did I finish?

2 Eldar / Eldar Corsairs HQ

2 Warwalkers

15 Hellions

15 Dark Eldar Jetbikes

6 Eldar / Eldar Corsairs Jetbikes

3 Talos / Chronos

2 Wrack gunners


Razorwing Jetfighter

Voidraven Bomber

5 Wraithguard

Re-arming 4 Scourges

Phew! I also had to make some new NIDS models preparing for a GW Tournament in Nottingham:

2 Malanthropes


And of course, my beloved Ultramarines got a huge expansion with 6 new pods:

And if that was not enough, I built and primed 5 Scouts, 20 Sternguard Veterans, 10 Devastators, 5 Assault Terminators, 5 ordinary Terminators and 5 Terminators in Cataphractii armour. They are gazing at me as I am currently working on them…

When it comes to gaming however, I have not been as active as I have wanted to be. A 2-day tournament in Warhammer world, a couple of friendly games and I have hosted 4 TSB gaming weekend events. Not to bad, but I would like to play more during 2017 than I did in 2016.

As long as I am on that subject, the whole of TSB are coming around to my house this weekend for a game event preparing 4 of us for our trip to Adepticon 2017.