Pages

26 October 2014

Hive Fleet Behemoth – Hive Tyrant and Tyranid Warriors update


Greetings! I have been caught up with work and miscellaneous other projects, so I have been quite unproductive hobby vice lately. Feeling my motivation is about to return, I started working on a small project, refitting a unit of Warriors and a Winged Hive Tyrant with Devourers.



Funny how “small projects” turn out to be something quite different; I had to tear of the wings in order to fit new arms, this being the old metal model with lots of pinning, green stuff etc. – well, I finally finished the monstrosity.

Since this summer I have played my Tyranid army. Although they are not as competitive as they where in 5th edition, I still have fun playing them, much more then when I read the new Codex when it first came out, I must admit I got caught up in all the rant…

Anyway, focusing on “fun gaming”, I played a great game against a veteran Necron player a couple of weeks ago. I presented two armies my opponent could choose from, and I was really happy when he choose to go against a horde swarm.
The opposing forces

Hive Fleet Behemoth advances on the Necron line

First contact

Metal and Chitin almost annihilated each other


This was a particularly bloody battle. Almost no models left on either side. Very fun. When we left the gaming table we thought the Necrons had won, but during a drink after the game we had forgotten First Blood and Linebraker, securing a Tyranid victory by one small point. Honestly, it could have gone either way, a game to remember!

Cheers,
Ørnulv

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see the Nids are lurking in the grass again. That horde is really disturbing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It rarely bodes well for our armies when you get your hobby-groove on and star churning out the models you need to enact your latest evil master plan. It's always interesting, though, so I guess the rest of us will just have to pick up the pace and see if we can keep up... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment...
Your feedback fuels our passion! ;)