Pages

3 February 2013

Shrine of the Aquila – Ørnulv´s February 2013 work in progress # 1


It’s been one of those very nice and long weekends! I have played two great games on my new desert table, and also found time to work on my “hobby pledge” for February. Can a weekend get any better?

After “ending” my work on my city terrain several years ago, I had lots of various bits and parts left. I also acquired a couple of sets from Linus some years ago, one of them was the “Aquila”. I have always wanted to build one more “monumental building” to go with my city table, so I bought a couple of extra kits and “dived right in”. One of the goals was to use "all" of the parts that where “undamaged”, and I also wanted a building that was intact; meaning I would have to handle removing floors in order to be able to use different levels (hobby tip - GW fantasy movement trays works great) during war gaming (as well as for painting purposes). I started assabling - confident I had plenty of parts for the project.... As it turned out the building became so big I needed some extra panels, thx Jørn fore coming to my rescue!

Anyway, here are some pictures of the assembled building.
As I am currently also working on my new city table (and my “servitors in the crypt” are working late elsewhere this week ;) ), I am not sure if I am able to paint this one before the end of February. But at least the assembly is finished.

Cheers,
Ørnulv

1 comment:

  1. So... Are you ever going to get around to building a couple of tall buildings, instead of all these low-rise ones? ;)

    Joking aside; I really like how the Shrine of the Aquilla combines with the older Basilica and Sanctum Imperialis Cities of Death kits.

    Looking forward to seeing this all painted up.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment...
Your feedback fuels our passion! ;)