Pages

10 February 2019

Dark Eldar - Talos

I love the «Dark Eldar» Codex, and the models! During the last couple of years, I have been expanding my army, adding new units to the original Pirate Skiff MSU style list I built and painted back in 2011. Well, it’s not fair to call that army an MSU army (only). It was a considerable force / number of models. But the new Index and new Codex gave so many options, so I have been steadily added units like Bikes and Hellions to the army. Now it was time to revisit my Coven fraction. Why, because they are awesome!

Having built 3 Talos / Cronos a couple of years ago, I decided to expand my Coven fraction. Hence, I decided to add 4 more Talos. I have been playing with the idea to field 9 of them, but painting all 4 of the new ones in one go, I am glad that I only did 4. Reason being that they take a long time to paint (all of those lovely details). I also magnetized them extensively, both Melee weapons and Ranged weapons, but chose to focus on the Talos variant this time.

As I have mentioned in previous posts, that I constantly struggle to match the colour scheme of my older models. My eyesight is not was it once where, and the colour range have changed. But I feel that I came close enough.

Enough said! Here are some pictures of the new models, showing different weapon configurations.

Talos with Chain Flails and Haywire Blaster

Talos with Ichor Injector and Splinter Cannon

All four of them

What next? Well, I have only 5 Venoms…

And I would like to expand my Coven fraction further so I can field them as a battalion (needing troops).

Cheers,
Ørnulv

2 comments:

  1. About time you azded thise fantastic looking bad guys, most definitely inspired by Lawrence? Anyhow, they look wonderful and must be dealt with before they wreck havoc! More Venoms?...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd advise not to sweat the colour-matching issues that much, but then again it's probably because you put so much effort into it that noone else notices. The new additions to the 'flock' looks beautiful, as always.

    Coven Troops... That means at least 15 Wracks on your painting table before too long, doesn't it? Looking forward to seeing what you can do with those!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment...
Your feedback fuels our passion! ;)