After receiving some constructive feedback during initiation of my battle bunker last weekend, I decided to make alterations to my first colour scheme.
The loincloth was repainted in a lighter tone, and the sand at the base was made lighter. I also added more Tin Bitz/Chestnut ink to specific weapon parts, toned the “blood” down a bit and added, “light dots” to the lenses (using the same colour as I used on the loincloth and sand). I the hand varnished the model using Vallejo Satin Varnish mixed with water.
This is not a “dip” or “dry brush” only job, these are the colours used:
I am pleased with the result and have decided to use this colour scheme on the army (se below). The photos are still not “perfect”, but should give you an idea of the end result:
The second Kabalite Warrior squad was finished last night:
And then they where 20! 20 more to go…..