Pages

27 January 2018

Ultramarines – Upgrading Sergeants

As we all know close combat is at the core of 8th edition, and I have found it necessary to give my Tactical Sergeants some close combat punch.

I could not find myself changing my normal “combi-weapon” sergeants, so I dived into my Ultramarines Vault and polled out a couple of old models to work on instead.


I removed the banners, changed one weapon arm, changed the heads to helmets, and gave them both Combi-plasma (keeping the Power swords). In the old days I added “scripts” to the cloth. This is not in tune with my newer versions, so I decided to repaint them also.


While I was at it, I also added “Devastator backpacks” to two of my Devastator Sergeants, and gave them helmets while I was at it.



Cheers,

Ørnulv

3 comments:

  1. The fact that Power Weapons are so cheap now definitely affects the equation, too. I've got so many Sergeants/Pack Leaders/Aspiring Champions I need to update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, the cost/benefit for Power weapons have definitively shifted since 7th edition.

    I've always been a believer in the 'combined arms' lists, featuring both close combat, mid-range support and long range heavy support elements, and this re-tooling of Ørn's Tacical Squad sergeants is a step (among several others, not documented here) in shifting the composition of the 2000 points list he's been playing in that direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is small labour that really show your dedication and wish for your army to constantly being as good as it gets, and still fluffy of course.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment...
Your feedback fuels our passion! ;)