Pages

30 December 2017

The last game in 2017(?)

My last game anyway.

2000p Ultramarines vs. 2000p Word bearers

We played one of the new scenarios in “Chapter approved 2017”. We rolled off between the two main tables and ended up with “Maelstrom of war”, and then “Race to victory”.


The first player who scores 10 Tactical Objectives scores 3 Victory points, and the game ends.
Deployment


The Ultramarines lined up, managing to down the Helldrake scoring First blood and 1 Victory point. By turn 2 both players had Line breaker scoring 1 Victory point. The Word bearers was quite lucky with their tactical objectives, the Ultramarines not so. Add to that the dice roll for the Loyalist marines where “Ultra bad”… And through great tactical decisions, the Word bearers managed score 10 Tactical Objectives by the end of turn 2.

Word Bearers 4p - Ultramarines 2p

Chosen for Exterminatus
A fun scenario, and a fun and exiting game. Next time Forbearers – next time.

Wishing all of the members of Team Stormbolter and all who follow us – a happy new year!

Cheers,

Ørnulv 

1 comment:

  1. It doesn’t look like anyone’s going to steal it with a New Years battle, so I guess this really was the final game of the year for us. The firs game of the new year is still up for grabs, though, so we’ll see in a few days, I guess...

    Did draw cards that played right into my hands, or did I position my army to take advantage of the cards I was dealt? As much as I try to manage the latter, this game I probably hav to concede that it really was more of the former.

    The objectives I had to take or hold were all on my side of the table, the units I was called on to kill were all Imperium units, giving me three points on “The Long War” without even rolling and I lucked out on the one D3-roll I had to make.

    Loved the scenario, with the unfamiliar way of ending the game. Can’t wait to try out the other new scenarios!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment...
Your feedback fuels our passion! ;)