Pages

18 April 2015

Eldar Corsairs Warp Spiders – Ørnulvs #3 Project 2015


And then they finally materialized!

Again I found the Finecast models being of high quality, with lots of crisp details. Once I managed to mount them on the stone bases, this unit was a joy to work on.

I have dreaded this ”jump unit” for years, as Trond have used them against us with great success. So when I decided upon an Eldar Corsair force to team up with my Dark Eldar, this unit was a “no brainer”.

As with my Fire Dragons, I wanted them to be grim and dark, yet keep them in line with the main colours of the Aspect Warrior colour scheme. I used a slightly darker red metallic than on my Fire Dragons, and exchanged the original black colour on the back packs with a metallic dark rust-brown colour, to tie them in with the rest of the Eldar Corsair / Dark Eldar colour concept. Again a bone colour was used to theme them in with the Wave serpents (and the Sails on the Raiders/Ravagers). Enough said, this is how they turned out:
Warp Spider

Warp Spider Squad



What next? I am not certain what they are any longer…

Cheers,
Ørnulv

4 comments:

  1. They look fantastic! Bøyer meg i støvet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look you've achieved on these!
    Dread the havoc they'll cause on the tabletop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for nice comments. Looking forward to try hem out.

    Cheers,
    Ørnulv

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment...
Your feedback fuels our passion! ;)