Finally finished with my hobby challenge for march. Two squads of Daemonettes, 10 plus 12, plus a herald of Slaanesh. Around 350 points, so maybe not so bad after all.
I started off airbrushing several layers with my Krome, the first few testing with glaze medium to ensure especially the shadows are visible. Difficult, but learning by doing. After some layers I found out that my job with molding lines had been really sloppy, but not much I could do without making even uglier paint lines on the models. So not very satisfied with my preparations. Note to self there.
I got the idea of a slightly warmer skin tone from the tutorials on the excellent and fast shipping UK store Element Games. I had a lot of questions underway - never sure on what do do - what colors to use. I came down to purple/turqouise, which was quite fun. The hair and tentacles on the old models were also difficult to decide on.
I'm quite satisfied with the end result, but there are always a lot of things that irritate me: Mold lines, dots destroying the smoothness of the skin, too hard metals and so on. Not the potentially fantastic shading from airbrushing that could have been.
I think I must have a couple of days to decide what next - so that I can get around with 650 points for the Øvre Ullern weekender in late april. Sounds like it means the Lord of Change that lies in the bottom of a shoe box...