Pages

7 March 2014

Ultramarines Tecmarine with Thunderfire Cannon


Fritz/Way of Siam Han and Brother Sgt James speak so highly of this ”contraption”, I felt I had to have a go at it.

I am not a big fan of the Finecast-models, so I decided to have a go at the bit-box and see if I could scratch build a Thunderfire Cannon, hoping it would not look to awkward….

With bits from a Redeemer, City Sprues, Nephelim fighter, Plasticard, Tamiya 1:35 scale Panther and PzKf III bitz, I started out building one.
Adding tracks from a old Tamiya 1:35 Tiger kit (splitting the track in two, adding more plasticard and some left over Forge World bits), I managed to finish a model I hope makes an ok presentation of the idea of a Thunderfire Cannon.

Back in 2008, I bought a Tecmarine set (with servitors’). I always felt the vereos arms where ”over done”, so I selected some of them and pinned this old metal model to the point it could be used as a weapon. Anyway, this is how the models turned out:

Next – my old Vanguard Veterans needs a makeover!

Cheers,
Ørnulv

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! If I didn't know I would have thougt the thunder fire cannon was a "original" model, if you know what I meen. So very good job:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure we'll all learn to loathe that contraption before too long...

    Until then, I can only agree with IH that it's a great-looking janitor and trolley set. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like it and dread it ;) Fantastic piece of work! Looks "original" :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment...
Your feedback fuels our passion! ;)