Pages

20 January 2014

Ultramarines Centurion Devastators


A new year and new projects. The first project this year was to finish my 3 "Devastator Centurions".
I was not very impressed by the first pictures of these models, but they have “grown on me”, and I am now looking forward to fielding them. The only downside with these models, as far as I am concerned, was all the mould lines (felt as I was back in time…). But the details on them are very nice.
Fist out my standard build with Hurricane Bolters, Grav Cannons and Grav Amps:

As you might notice I skipped the “cables”. The reason for this was that different weapons have different cable connection points; so in order to fix alternative weapons I skipped them all together. Using magnets, my second build is Lascannons:

Next project in 2014 will be a model that has been stored away in its box fare to long – a Storm Raven Gunship. 
Cheers,
Ørnulv

3 comments:

  1. Ah, yes. I was hoping these'd pop up here today, after you told me they were done on the phone yesterday. (...even if I still was a little too tired after the party on Saturday to hold really up my end of the conversation.)

    Your new darker look really suits these models! I think part of the problem with the official ones is that the standard - clean - colour schemes doesn't fit all that well with the Centurions' increased size and larger armour panels.

    Your darker scheme and the 'Codex quotes' script allows for a increased play of shadows and enough details for the eye not to grow 'bored', like empty armour panels are wont to do.

    Job's a good'un!!! Remember to keep them out of cover! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice painting, miniatures are beautiful to look at and this is paramount.
    Nice work
    Expected the next with the Storm Raven Gunship.

    Good continuations

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment...
Your feedback fuels our passion! ;)