A 10-model makeover!
Never thought I’d get them done - this took a long time...
First a picture how they looked before the “makeover”:
After the makeover:
So, what did I do?
- Over painting the old black/silver shipping (blue, brown-red, dark steel)
- Repainting vision slits
- Drilling exhaust pipes, using MIG rust pigments and sot wash
- Using Tamya mud effect, painting (Dark Brown), dry brushing (Desert Yellow and Pale Sand) and washing with Burnt Umber (thinned in PVA water)
- Drilling (and cutting) bullet holes (marks), painting (Black, Brown-Red, and Dark Steel)
- Using MIG Enamel Streaking Grime for Panzer Grey
- Using MIG Brown Blue Enamel Wash for Panzer Grey
- Using van Gogh oil colour Lamp Black on all silver/steel eras (and in joints)
- Hand varnishing the models (except the mud/sand – sprayed), both with Satin Varnish
... and a lot of thinner....
And her is the result, all 8 Rhinos:
And this is how the Razorbacks turned out:
All 6 of them:
Next – Predators!