20 March 2013
So I finally finished these bastards, this insanely detailed unit of Chosen, a unit I most probably wont use (but still have to) because of their high points cost and far from optimal default choice of weapons. But they are very fine models, I've tried out my airbrush both with several of the priming and highlighting layers, as well as varnishing the finished models. I have tried out several painting techniques, with much use of layering and highlighting and almost no drybrushing at all.
This has been a steep uphill voyage for me, with some intense painting hours the last couple of weeks. And that's my problem. It has been far too time consuming. I felt I had to learn painting from scratch after more than three years not touching a brush.
Please comment, and give me feedback on what you would have done different. The bases as you can see lack some fun detaling.
Next project is some engines. And then there is something very fast and scary :)