I Thought I'd do my Primary objective first this month, and finish the Hell Blades before I let the Spawns and the airbrush distract me.
These were relatively simple kits - at least compared to the Warhound I started on last month - so they went together pretty easily. Mostly supergrue, and only very minor pinning was required. The biggest challenge turned out to be mounting them on the flying stand. The 'box' with the cross-shaped slot does not really fit underneath the model, so I scrapped it altogether and found an aluminium rod from an old printer and sawed it in two. These rods wer fixed to the base with a screw, a washer and a healthy helping of super glue. I drilled holes underneath the models, and filled the cockpit with Milliput.
After allowing a couple of days for glue to set properly, the models received the usual black primer coat, followed by drybrush layers of Warplock Bronze and Leadbelcher. A little more of my now dwindling supply of Red Ink went onto the fuselage before I went back over some of the details with Leadbelcher again. To finish off the models, I played around with oil paints (Winsor and Newton Perylene Black and Burnt Umber) and white spirits and tried for a worn and battered look.
I may still be going back over these to add tactical and kill markings later, but for now I'll just add a coat of varnish and try them out properly on the tabletop.