Pages

29 January 2019

Blackstone Fortess - the Antagonists

Welcome back!

For the second BSF-article we'll be going over the models that will be 'getting in your characters' way' when playing the game. Being able to alternate between protagonist and antagonist models, as I worked through the pile of models in the set, really helped with keeping the pace up until the end.

Spindle Drones

Ur-ghuls

Negavolt Cultists

Traitor Guardsmen


Rogue Psykers

Beastmen

Chaos Space Marines

Chaos Lord Obsidius Mallex

Next? I suppose I'll have to get The Dreaded Ambull when i comes out, but I hope we can manage to try the game out before then too... I've been looking over the rules (Insert playing-with-myself-jokes here.) and think the game would be the most fun with a group of four gamers and a 'GM'.

In the mean time, I have a batch of the new ruins and a sizeable number of Word Bearers models in progress too...


J

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheers, Thor!

      The pics are rather potato-cam quality, though, and the Chaos Marines and Lord could do with a revisit to the gold trims (especially).

      I suppose I was rushing it a little towards the end there... The goal really was just to get the miniatures done to a 'tabletop plus' quality, but the more I look at them now the less happy I am with the end result.

      Delete
    2. I hear you. I do this thing, and I feel others do it too, where after I take pictures of a model I'm done with it. I barely even look at the pictures when I'm editing them for my blog because I damn well know I'll find faults and flaws. Then, I'll try and fix those mistakes, create more, and ruin everything.

      So, once that picture is taken then that's it - game over. It's for my own sanity ;)

      Delete
  2. Really disturbing models, and I think the paint job is absolutely table top quality, if not better. I have never been able to speed paint, and hate taking pictures of the minis - they almost never justify the hard work lying behind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for a late reply, Jørn. For some reson I do no longer get a warning of new posts...

    These models look just awesome! No need for me to mention single elements, its just really good work; Some of your best work to date.

    If only the Urguhl where mine :-)

    Cheers,
    Ørnulv

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment...
Your feedback fuels our passion! ;)