Pages

16 January 2018

Ørnulv´s 2017 in review – looking forwards…

A little late, but still.

I only completed a handful of my goals set for 2017. A heavy workload, and hobby fatigue caused by that I took on to much work when the team prepared for the Adepticon Event, being the main reasons.


So what did, or did I not, accomplish?

Gaming; I did manage to host 4 gaming events; two at home and two at my summerhouse. Great fun. I also attended the Adepticon Friendly Tournament, and the Adepticon Team Tournament. As always, good fun with good friends. I really enjoyed the Friendly Tournament witch I attended for the first time. Trond also attended. I was about to pack my army when Trond scouted my name out loud, I did not get it first, but I won the tournament. Double the fun! Getting closer to the end of the year, I got a couple of games in, struggling with adapting to 8th edition. I hope I will be getting there during 2018…


I did not manage to do any work on my Ultramarines 1. Company. Sad. During 2016 I almost built and primed all the models I need to finish my quest. I have to do better in 2018. However, I did manage to finish:

- One unit of 5 Devastators with 4 Graviton Cannons
- One unit of 5 Sternguard Veterans
- One Drop Pod kited out to carry a Dreadnought
- A Captain in Cataphractii Terminator Armour
- Two marines packing Graviton weapons

...all of them fielded at Adepticon.


Well, not very impressive, when looking at my normal output per year. However, I did have the pleasure of helping two of my teammates finish and adjusting their own armies in preparation for Adepticon, and to lend a hand to our newest team member with his brand new Necron Army.

So what about 2018? First and foremost I would like to play more games, and play at least 4 games a month. So far in 2018 I have played 5 games, so I am on the right track. I really need to get a grip on 8th addition, with all three of my army’s… I have also scheduled 3 team events so fare.  And I would like to attend gaming events in Nottingham during this autumn.


I will continue to work on my Ultramarines and Tyranids, trying to make my take on them work. I will also adjust my dark Eldar army when the Codex finally comes...


Cheers,

Ørnulv

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I’m late commenting. You’ve summed your year-in-the-hobby up pretty nicely. The post-con burnout followed by new edition paralysis has effected all of us to varying degrees.

    Here’s hoping 2018 turns out to be a much more productive one - for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing to be sad or ashamed of, Ørnulv. The hosting of gaming events are really appreciated and I'm looking forward to the next one and the next after that. I really hope to see you all more this year, and of course to be able to focus more on the hybby when the rehabilitation of our house is finished and the dust has settled. Really looking forward to seeing your full 1st company n all its glory!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment...
Your feedback fuels our passion! ;)