Starting a brand new army for the Team Tournament at last year's Adepticon could have been the ideal opportunity to start using the new bases, but they were not readily available in large enough quantities or at a reasonable enough price for it to be viable. In addition, Ørn had 'just' rebased his entire Ultramarines army, and was not really all that eager to do it all over again.
Not too long after we came home again, however, I found an eBay seller offering 30mm bases at a fraction of the cost of GW's 'official' 32 mm ones. These bases are a little flatter, though, but that's easily corrected by me finally getting on the 'cork-base bandwagon'. ;) I started on the rebasing-project in between playing games, re-tuning lists and adding about three new models to my Crimson Fists army for the "I am Alpharius" event this weekend.
In any case; I've used a modified/simplified version of Ørn's recipe from a few years ago, but still think the end result came out okay. For now, I've just finished the thirty-something bases I need for the army I'm using in Nottingham this weekend. I'll get back to the remaining one hundred partially completed ones after we're back home again. I expect to have finished at least half a Battle Company of Crimson Fists by the end of the year, plus several squads of Veterans as well as quite a few (transport) vehicles in support. (Stay tuned!)
PS: Here's a few WIP-pics of the entire lot of new bases: